The Towers governing body consists of nine resident members on the Board of Directors who are selected annually by a majority vote of the members. In fulfilling its responsibilities, the Board is assisted by five standing committees.
Officers & Directors:
President – Diana Humiston
Vice President – Alan Pease
Treasurer – Wesley Green, III
Secretary – Betty Hurt
Director – Karen Cabral
Director – Robert Crotteau
Director – Bruce Hooper
Director – Karen Stocks
Director – O’lene Stone
Director – David Watkins
Because the members are fully responsible for the Co-Op’s governance, The Towers encourages its Residents to get involved by serving on the Board of Directors, on an advisory committee or subcommittee.
The Board ensures that every Co-Op member has a voice in the operation and management of The Towers, and the committees serve to represent the resident needs. The Towers’ Committees are the lifeblood of the Co-Op, providing residents the opportunity to actively participate in activities essential to the continued existence of the Co-Op. The basic function of the committees is to assist the Board in fulfilling its management and oversight responsibilities. A brief overview of the Co-Op’s committees follows:
- Monitors all activities of Management which relate to Resident Services and activities requiring action by the Board.
- Advises the Board on applicants to The Towers and recommends actions pertaining to their attaining and retaining resident status.
Budget and Finance Committee:
- Monitors the accounting and cost control practices of Management, annual Budget preparation and review of all reserve funds.
- Monitors and reviews all facilities and maintenance items concerning the exterior and interior of The Towers, including décor, furnishings, landscaping and plantings.
Food and Beverage Committee:
- Monitors the activities and performance of Food Services.