The Towers governing body consists of nine resident members on the Board of Directors who are selected annually by a majority vote of the members. In fulfilling its responsibilities, the Board is assisted by five standing committees.
Board of Directors – Top Row (Left to Right): Marion “Johnny” Johnson – Director, Wesley Green III – Director, Beverly Smith – Director. Bottom Row (Left to Right): Kimberly Carrigan – Director, David Watkins – Director, Adolfo Moncivaiz – President, Phillip Sloop – Director, Diana Humiston – Director. Not Pictured – Howard “Bill” Collins – Director.
Because the members are fully responsible for the Co-Op’s governance, The Towers encourages its members to serve on its governing body or advisory committees or to contribute in some other productive way. Bylaws form the governing document for the members.
The Board ensures that every Co-Op member has a voice in the operation and management of The Towers, and the committees serve to represent the resident needs. The Towers’ Committees are the lifeblood of the Co-Op, providing residents the opportunity to actively participate in activities essential to the continued existence of the Co-Op. The basic function of the committees is to assist the Board in fulfilling its management and oversight responsibilities. A brief overview of the Co-Op’s committees follows:
- Monitors all activities of Management which relate to Resident Services and activities requiring action by the Board.
- Advises the Board on applicants to The Towers and recommends actions pertaining to their attaining and retaining resident status.
Budget and Finance Committee:
- Monitors the accounting and cost control practices of Management, annual Budget preparation and review of all reserve funds.
- Monitors and reviews all facilities and maintenance items concerning the exterior and interior of The Towers, including décor, furnishings, landscaping and plantings.
Food and Beverage Committee:
- Monitors the activities and performance of Food Services.
- Conducts the “Welcome to The Towers” presentation with new residents to assist in their adjustment to the community.