The Towers governing body consists of nine resident members on the Board of Directors who are selected annually by a majority vote of the members. In fulfilling its responsibilities, the Board is assisted by five standing committees.
Board of Directors – Director Karen Cabral, Director Robert Crane, Board Member Robert Crotteau, Director Jim Ernst, Treasurer Wesley Green, III, Director Bruce Hooper, President Diana Humiston, Secretary Betty Hurt, Vice President Alan Pease, Director Karen Stocks.
Because the members are fully responsible for the Co-Op’s governance, The Towers encourages its Residents to get involved by serving on the Board of Directors, on an advisory committee or subcommittee.
The Board ensures that every Co-Op member has a voice in the operation and management of The Towers, and the committees serve to represent the resident needs. The Towers’ Committees are the lifeblood of the Co-Op, providing residents the opportunity to actively participate in activities essential to the continued existence of the Co-Op. The basic function of the committees is to assist the Board in fulfilling its management and oversight responsibilities. A brief overview of the Co-Op’s committees follows:
- Monitors all activities of Management which relate to Resident Services and activities requiring action by the Board.
- Advises the Board on applicants to The Towers and recommends actions pertaining to their attaining and retaining resident status.
Budget and Finance Committee:
- Monitors the accounting and cost control practices of Management, annual Budget preparation and review of all reserve funds.
- Monitors and reviews all facilities and maintenance items concerning the exterior and interior of The Towers, including décor, furnishings, landscaping and plantings.
Food and Beverage Committee:
- Monitors the activities and performance of Food Services.